Monday, January 16, 2012

How to Keep Your iPhone from Changing Your Words

If you have an iPhone, you know that sometimes your phone has a mind of its own. You begin to type "hell" and you get "he'll" ... it happens so frequently that the website Damn You Auto Correct is now wildly popular for the hilarious iPhone "mess ups".

Well, is there a way to keep your "hells" in place?  Sort of, there are a few things you can do.

You can turn off Auto-Correction by going to Settings | General | Keyboard | Auto-Correction: Off.




Another tip to help is to create a shortcut. As a Longhorn fan, I frequently type "UT" into my phone. When I type "ut", my phone usually changes "ut" to "it". Now I can change that so when I type "ut" my phone changes it to "UT".  Apple adds the shortcut "omw" and changes it to "On my way!".

You can add your own shortcuts by going to Settings | General | Keyboard | Add New Shortcut. Just enter the phrase you want your phone to display and add the shortcut. 




2 comments: